The Project Management Professional (PMP)®, along with all PMI certifications, is driven by current practices in the profession. Because project management is evolving, so is the PMP exam.
- As a result of the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition in September 2017, the PMP exam will change 26 March 2018. These updates will ensure the exam content is consistent with the PMBOK® Guide.
- Active practitioners from around the world author our exam questions as well as the PMBOK® Guide to ensure the PMP remains relevant and reflects current practice.
What to Expect on the Updated Exam
Although the PMP is not a test of the PMBOK Guide®, it is one of the primary references for the exam. Some of the updates you can expect to see surround lexicon changes and terminology used within the exam as well as harmonization of process groups, tools, and techniques.
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK Guide® as a study tool for the PMP, you can expect to find the following updates in the PMBOK Guide® – Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager has been added to focus on leading projects effectively – competencies, experience and skills that are all necessary.
- Two Knowledge Areas have been re-named to more accurately reflect which elements can be managed… and which can not:
- Time Management is now Schedule Management
- Human Resource Management is now Resource Management
Every Knowledge Area features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments
More detailed information about specific exam changes will be released over the next few weeks/months.
The Exam Content Outline (ECO) for the PMP won’t be changing as that’s based on a Role Delineation Study which PMI hasn’t re-done for that designation.
- PMI-ACP® – become a certified Agile Practitioner with that ULTIMATE prep tool bundle – 30$ OFF! Only short time left! - October 11, 2018
- The ULTIMATE prep tool bundle to become a PMP®! – get 10% OFF now! - September 3, 2018
- Top 10 reasons why to choose an online project management course! Get 40% OFF while autumn SALE! - August 29, 2018
- Ultimate PMP® Exam Simulator is full packed again! 1600 Questions – get 10% OFF – only 2 days left! - August 29, 2018
- 2 Day Live PMP® Coaching Program with Dan Ryan [get exclusive Discount NOW!] - July 4, 2018
One of Markus's central objectives and motivations is to implement and deploy the PMI project philosophy and a PMI-based project management methodology in his company.
Social Media Thought Leader
Markus set up a few PMI certification related LinkedIn groups and is co-administrator of the biggest and most active PMP related LinkedIn group:'I want to be a PMP'. Markus is also one of the most viewed contributors in PMP and PMI related content/questions at Quora. He also founded his own Project Management related website at http://www.pmcertification-online.de