PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
The Project Management Professional (PMP)® is globally the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
You can find PMP’s leading projects in nearly every country and, unlike other certifications that focus on a particular geography or domain, the PMP® is truly global. As a PMP, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location.
The PMP can also provide a significant advantage when it comes to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification.
Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015.)
The PMP signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide. Become a PMP and become a project hero!
List of Steps
Step 1: Learn about PMP® Certification and apply
- ☛ PMP® Overview
- ☛ PMP® FAQ
- ☛ PMP® Credential Handbook
- ☛ PMP® Exam Content Outline
- ☛ PMP® Sample Questions
- ☛ PMP® Application Worksheet
- ☛ PMP® Requirements – general (“The Complete Guide To “How To Get PMP Certification”)
- ☛ PMP® Requirements – 35 contact hours ( further reading: “The Complete Guide to PMP 35 Contact Hours of Project Management Education” )
Step 2: Get started with your PMP® certification preparation. - Make a plan! - Read the PMBoK Guide, the Agile Practice Guide and a good PMP preparation book (in companion) and use other recommended resources:
STEP 2.1: Make a plan (or use ours!)
Enroll in our “ULTIMATE Roadmap to your PMP Exam SUCCESS!"
As an alternative to create your own study plan, why not using ours! We have created a guidance program which will guide you through the complete preparation process in a well structured and professional way - Step-by-Step!
This works like your very own study plan. And the best – it is completely FREE! No cost and no risk for you. You can start and cancel at any time.
To join just click on the Image above.
STEP 2.2: Get the PMBoK Guide, the Agile Practice Guide + a good prep book (at least one) and work through them thoroughly
- PMBoK Guide itself – As a PMI member you will have access to a digital and personalized version of the current PMBoK Guide version. Otherwise you need to buy a paper based version.
- Agile Practice Guide – As a PMI member you will have access to a digital and personalized version of the current Agile Practice Guide version. Otherwise you need to buy a paper based version.
For further Information about those books, the complete official reference List by PMI and the recommended PMP preparation books please headover to this article here:
STEP 2.3: Choose additional prep material and Resources based on your personal learning preferences and behaviors
There are tons of resources available out there. Don’t get confused and mislead about it. Think about your personal learning preferences and choose the material that fits to them. Do not choose too many resources and get overwhelmed! Sometimes more is less.
For some guidance about this topic please refer to the following article:
☛ The 12 Most Popular PMP Study Materials for your PMP Exam Preparation
Join us in WhatsApp!
Get direct Support within our WhatsApp Group of PMP Aspirants and Experts!
Step 3: Took a PMP® preparation course and get you’re required 35 contact hours of PM training.
You should already read about it here (refer to step 1 of this 5 step guide):
- PMP® Requirements – 35 contact hours (☛ The Complete Guide to PMP 35 Contact Hours of Project Management Education )
Our #1 recommendation therefore is:
Get the most popular "PM PrepCast Elite" - the PM PrepCast PLUS the PM Exam Simulator at the best price!
This bundle here is probably the best combination of prep material you can get to assure your exam success within that short time!
Here is what you will gain from using PM PrepCast in your PMP Exam preparation:
- Increase your chance of passing the PMP® Exam. You will receive real-world examples to help you truly understand the PMP® exam concepts. Simple memorization won't gets you there. Plus, our course makes you a better project manager, too.
- Study anywhere and reduce your study time because you can maximize your day by listening anywhere your tablet or smart phone goes. For instance, you can listen when you drive to work when you are outside riding your bike, or watch a lesson over lunch, as you are sitting on the bus or when you are waiting in line at the post office. It’s the anytime study miracle!
- You hear everyday English and not the very difficult to understand language from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- You hear 10 lessons on Applied PMP® Concepts, based on student and expert feedback. These interviews with experts translate the concepts into everyday project management situations that you can relate to.
- You hear from some recent PMP® exam takers: Learn their best practices on how to apply, study and pass the exam the first time.
- It's simple to get through – You’ll find that the 47 processes and 10 knowledge areas from the PMBOK® Guide are not as difficult as they may seem.
- You will understand Earned Value Techniques and be able to answer questions about them confidently.
- You learn the concept, tools & techniques that are not covered in the PMBOK® Guide but required for the exam without having to read dozens of other books.
- You maximize your efforts with our valuable PMP® Exam Study Tips.
- It's mobile! Carry The PM PrepCast with you as your "Personal PMP® Trainer" whenever you want to study, wherever you go.
- Your studies will be more enjoyable and go smoother & faster, but most of all... they will be easier! It's guaranteed!
Streamline your studies. Focus on what matters. Get exam ready with our proven approach.
Join us in Telegram!
Get direct Support within our Telegram Group of PMP Aspirants and Experts!
Step 4: Finalize your preparation: Utilize a professional online Exam simulator. Analyze and enhance your results. Use flashcards and study tables, review your notes from class and take lots of practice exams.
Practice, practice, practice – practice is the key!
We can’t underline that more! And we would recommend NOT ONLY doing as much sample questions as you can, cause practice is the key!
Furthermore you should go for really SIMULATING the exam. It is not an easy job to do 180 (more or less difficult) Questions in a time frame of 230 Minutes. Those almost 4 Hours could get really long and/or you could run out of time in case you will hang on to long to one very difficult/complex question for instance. So, you should train your time management for the exam also, right?
You can do so with those tons of free sample question available on the internet, but in our experience, a professional tool which provides you exactly the exam circumstances, is much better for this. Yes, it may take an invest, but from our point of view and our experience this is priceless.
We would like to recommend you the exam simulator by Cornelius Fichtner, which provides you
✪ over 2.000 high quality PMP questions and which gives you
✪ high flexibility in how to train your questions up to max
✪ 5 fully loaded and timed exam simulations, each with 180 individual questions,
✪ separate Quizpool with over 1.100 sample questions
Try it for free:
☛ ✪ FREE (PrepCast) PMP Exam Simulator: ✪
Our supportive online community is the best place to connect with others just like you.
Step 5: Take the exam and earn your PMP®!
If you have done all those steps you should really be well prepared for the exam!
Go for it! If you still have any questions or doubts, please let us know in the comments!
All those tips and even more PLUS a structured study guide PLUS additional checklists (like an “Exam Day Count down” for instance …) PLUS Expert advice PLUS a great community of PMP aspirants … this all you can get by enrolling in our completely FREE “ULTIMATE Roadmap to your PMP EXAM SUCCESS!":
More than 3,500 PMP aspirants already joined us!